Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Chicken Fiesta

Sunday was awesome.

Because I finally got to go kayaking.

It was very sunny when I woke up. Put a smile to my face.

Anyway aside from kayaking, it was a very delicious sunday too.

No, I didn't bake.... i'm on a wee short hiatus. Haha, at this rate, I might as well open an online bakery... which is something I might start with, before opening up an actual bakery. Okay, enough with the talk... Time for some pictures!...

Boon Tong Kee

Had some fantastic Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice for lunch before we headed to East Coast Park. Tender and tasty, it tasted great with the garlic chilli provided. We finished the chicken pretty quick. And since we were in Katong, which is known for great food, I just had to try the egg tart from Chin Mee Confectionery.

Chin Mee Chin Confectionery

It looks very old school and doesn't really sell much pastries, save for some cupcakes and tarts.

Tarts and such

Anyway me and lil sis got one each ($0.60) and man oh man, this must be the best egg tart ever. It's very different from those kind of custard ones. This one was ultimately smooth and had a lovely egg yollk orange hue. Wasn't too sweet either. The shortcrust was perfect. As you can see in the pictures, you'll have to believe me....


Egg Tart
Egg tart close up

After that great lunch, you'd think I'd be satisfied. Haha, well I was... but I couldnt' resist having Kenny Rogers for dinner.

Kenny Rogers

We were pretty tired and hungry after an hour of kayaking and so, had to satisfy our ravenous appetite... I ordered the Lucille set ($29.90), which is basically half roasted chicken, half slab of ribs, 3 side dishes and 2 of their famous corn muffins.

Kenny Roger’s Lucille Set
Chicken and Ribs

So me, mum and sis ate that and we lapped up everything. The ribs were fantastic. Remember I mentioned not eating their ribs before? Ya, that's why i ordered it. Yummy. The roasted potatoes I ordered as a side dish was lovely. plainly seasoned with olive oil and herbs, it filled me up well.

I do think this outlet is lovely. They have such cute lamps! See....

Funky lamp
Funky lamp2

1 comment:

Vera said...

wah all the food! i am droooling!!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter