Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dad's roasted herbed chicken

Dad's Roasted Herb Chicken
Dad's delicious roasted chicken

Let me ask you all a simple question:

If bread is chockful of carbs, and butter is full of fats, then what's chicken known for?

And I do mean cooked chickens :)

Need a clue? Think exercise and muscles!

That's right. The key word here is P-R-O-T-E-I-N-S. Chicken is indeed a good source of proteins.

Chicken is not only good for atheletes but also very versatile! It absorbs flavours and marinates easily and is so easy to cook.

According to Body-For-Life, this white meat is rich in proteins and essential amino acids. But of course, it's better for you to consume it without the skin. Eating chicken can help reduce your total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.

Personally, I like eating chickens and I also need to because I exercise regularly. I run and kickbox and any sports enthusiast would know how important proteins are to an active athelete.
My favourite way to eat this white meat is to grill or roast it. I usually use Lea & Perrins Worchestire Sauce or mustard. But recently, I found a new way....

Thanks to my wonderful dad, who told me that he actually marinates his chicken in white wine and milk first (after soaking it in the wine, drain, and then add the milk. oh and please do season the chicken with salt first), before adding herbs and letting it soak up the flavours overnight.

No wonder the chicken always tastes so good! Thing is my family loves it when he decides to roast some herbed chickens. These herbs include oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc. He actually uses the spaghetti bolognese herb mix Masterfood sells in bottles at the supermart. Trust me, I too, use these herbs for anything and everything! That includes adding it to baked beans. Mmmmm......

Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! You'll be amazed at how simple it is.

Now who says you can't eat meat and be healthy! Just eat in moderation, and you'll be fine ya :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
jus wondering.
wat kind of milk do u use to mix with the white wine ??

the baker said...

use fresh milk. oh and i just checked with my dad. he says to marinate with the wine first... drain, then marinate with milk. hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

chicken is my fav meat!
so at which stage do u season the chicken with salt, before marinating in white wine or after?

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter