Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dark Chocolate Digestive Biscuits

This caught my eye the moment I stepped into Marks & Spencers today:

Marks and Spencer's dark chocolate digestives

Instantly, my brain just told me to get it.

I didn't have to bat an eyelid or hestitate; I just knew, it had to be in my mouth. haha.

Seriously, I love digestive biscuits. Most often than not, I'd always have them plain and I like the ones by McVities. I didn't really like the chocolate coated ones simply because I found it too sweet. That's because they use milk chocolate. And you know how partial I am to dark chocolate and how stubborn I can be. I really like my chocolate dark. These days, I won't eat much milk chocolate even if you pay me to. Just personal preference I guess.

So, I was actually there with Christine, my younger sister and we couldn't take our eyes off everything at Marks & Spencers. We love checking out the food section and almost wanted to buy the whole store back. But alas, we decided to narrow it down to one. No prizes for guessing what we got in the end....

yummy dark choc

My verdict? It's uber yummy. Not as dark as I would have liked it to be, but much better than the milk chocolate ones I must say. Geez, I had four pieces in a sitting! But hey, you can't fault me, it tastes really good and besides, I had just finished my kickboxing lesson and was so hungry! Yay, Marks & Spencer will be seeing alot of me (not that they haven't), I still want to get more of their unsweetened fruit & nut muesli. I just found out they have a 1kg pack ($11.70).

The dark chocolate digestive biscuits are a dream. They cost about $3.50, which is quite reasonable I would say. Good enough for an occasional treat.

Allright, I'm really tired... off to bed!

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Marks & Spencer has had dark chocolate digestives ever since my teenage years! I do agree that they are VERY nice. But if I recall correctly, the packaging has been revamped and the digestives back then were smaller.

One problem though, sometimes the packs I bought were slightly melted, causing the digestive biscuits to stick to each other. :(

homemaker said...

Wow cheryl..the dark chocolate biscuits looks nice. Though I have seen these dark chocolate from M & S before, I have always supported their plain digestive biscuits only. I shall try when I have the time to walk past M & S.

:: Pastry Girl :: said...

hey cheryl! Glad u tried them.. its too good to be resisted! I tried the low sugar high fibre which are euqally good if u spread yr own dark choc spread on top and it goes pretty well with nutella too. :)

Anne said...

I love love love McVites digestive biscuits and pratcially lived on them when I was in Japan. The crunchy texture with the rich chocolate is the best.

Anonymous said...

I love M & S dark chocolate digestives! I can polish off quite a few in one sitting. Sinful but nice. Try M & S Custard Creams. They are really good and kind of addictive(for me). I was eating so much of it when I was in UK that I have to stop myself from buying more. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Thnks for the post! I always have a hard time choosing whenever I'm at M & S! I bought a pack of the dark choc digestives yesterday & yes I agree! It's not as dark as I would have liked (I am a huge lover of dark choc ;)^5!) but it's the best one out there so far compared to the sweet milk choc digestives selection :)

I love having my digestives with hot tea: ah! the comfort it brings! :)

What other biscuits are your fav from M & S? (and your kickboxing class sounds like a lot of fun! ^^)

-moonchild

the baker said...

shelly: oh oh, try refrigerating it! it tastes so much better when chilled... and the chocolate won't melt so fast!

homemaker: yes, they taste great as well. you should dip them in milk... makes for a good breakfast or snack i say

lavender cupcaker: Oooo yes i can imagine nutella coated digestives. yummy..

tokyoastrogirl: you couldn't have said it better! :)

naranja: i can understand why. once you start, you can't really stop. best to share it with others. lol... speaking of addictive - i was hooked on Arnott's Tim Tams when I was in Brisbane for 2 months a few years ago. it was sinfully delicious.

anon: that's great! :) hmmm i do love the almond tea cookies/biscuits. mum used to buy it so often when i was younger. love the aroma. oh, and the redcurrant puffs! about my kickboxing class, yes it is uber fun. you should try it! actually they do offer a free trial class. email me if you're interested?

Anonymous said...

They're on sale at only $2.90 now :D

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter