Sunday, August 14, 2005

Viennese Fingers

Viennese fingers

Don't you think those fingers look beautiful?

I love the feminine waves of this biscuit. But that's not all. It's really the light buttery taste of viennese fingers that make me crave for them. Especially those coated with chocolate:

Viennese fingers with choc

So understandably, I had to make these fingers for myself after checking out the recipe in the 'Biscuits, cookies & brownies' book published by Periplus. The book was a gift by Jules and Darren on my birthday recently and the pictures looked so inviting that I just had to bake something from there.

Mine turned out pretty fine except that I didn't have a 1cm piping nozzle. I used a much smaller one and got miniature Viennese fingers.

I think I have to make a trip to Phoon Huat to get myself new baking equipment soon!

That said, I think I have to make these fingers again. They're so yummy especially with the dark chocolate!

one Viennese finger

Viennese Fingers

100g unsalted butter
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 and 1/2 tsps vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
100g dark cooking chocolate, grated
30g butter

Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees celcius. Grease baking tray and line with greased baking paper.

Beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add yolks and vanilla essence and beat well. Add flour and stir until all ingredients are combine and batter is smooth

Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with fluted 1cm piping nozzle. Pipe mixture into wavy lengths (approx. 6cm) on prepared tray.

Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer biscuits on a wire rack to cool.

Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl and dip half of each biscuit in the chocolate. Allow to set on greaseproof paper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks absolutely delicious...esp the chocolate coated ones!

If you can drip the whole finger in chocolate, that's even better.

:)

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter