Thursday, June 23, 2005

My famous Chewy Centred Chocolate Chunk Cookie

Chewy Centred Choc Chip Cookie

That which you see up there is what I'm known for. Of all my years of baking, I must say that everyone who has taken a bite out of that cookie has only good words to say.

Before you think I'm blowing my own horn, let me just say that when I do something, I put in huge amounts of effort to make sure it's the best I can do. So, admittedly, that process has gone through a lot.

Of course there are times where I try different recipes and customise them but these cookies, oh yes, these cookies have stood the test of times. I've baked them as gifts for friends and family, for my own consumption and also, to parties. And they're a hit. A huge hit. And why am I talking about these cookies now?

Because I want YOU to be able to share these amazing wonders with your own friends and family. Heck, it's as good as the ones made by Famous Amos I say, trust me. Even my own friends tell me that I make good competition. So watch out 'FA', wait till I open a shop of my own, then you'll see!

So without further ado, here's the recipe. I usually make mine chewy because it's delicious that way. Most people make crispy ones, that's why these ones are my trademark chewy centred chocolate chunk cookies. Don't bother about chocolate chips.... chocolate chunks is the way to go! Yes?

____________________________________________

Chewy Centred Chocolate Chunk Cookie
Yield:24

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 degree celcius.
Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
Mix the rest of the dry ingredients and add in chocolate chunks.
Use a tablespoon to drop cookie dough on to a greased baking sheet.
Bake for approx. 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Once done, let it cool on a wire rack and enjoy.

*What makes the cookies chewy is the cornstarch. Omit the cornstarch and replace the baking soda with baking powder if you want to make crispy versions.
**Cornstarch is the same as cornflour. It's just the way they're called. In S'pore, it's cornflour.

9 comments:

coboypb said...

Your cookie looks yummy! The recipe looks simple too, so I'm going to try baking a batch of them one of these days :)

Vera said...

i want to try baking this too! hehe

Anonymous said...

How big shld the chunks be?

Anonymous said...

I tried this receipe.. the cookies came out nice! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey little baker ;o) I'm glad these cookies are the number one hit that is making you famous around you and around the world ? ;o)
I metthem last year, just before opening my own foodie blog.
I fell in love with them firts of all because to me, a cookie must be chewy and a little, little crispier maybe on the edges !;o)
Then, because you were the first non-french baker that didn't use these damn stupid chocolate chips ! What does it mean chocolate chip anyway ? When I was doing my cookies I never never used any of them and never will ! Shame on US cookie bakers for this ;o) it spoils one of the best "biscuit" of the world !!
And finally, I have adopted your chewy centred as my family, my lover and a lot of the french bloggers community because I did ad' a lot for these sumptuous cookies ;o) always linking them back to you of course.
I went on "my perfect cookie quest" and for now, after 10 episodes, they're still the best.
So thank you very much for all the lovely posts I read on your blog, the delicious delights you make like, for example, my second "The Baker who cooks favorite" Nutella delights... !!
Mmmm Sooo lovable !
Thank you and I wish you all the best for this new Year.
Bye
Lots of love and cookies ;o)

Anonymous said...

hey i tried baking the cookies, and they didnt turn out as nice as yours. Can I ask why did my cookies feel crumbly instead of chewy?

Anonymous said...

I tried making those yesterday! Everybody couldn't stop raving about them.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I tried making this today. The taste was good, but the cookie turned out flat, not thick like yours. I didn't scoop the batter in tablespoonfuls - i used a dessertspoon which is a size between teaspoon and tablespoon. Could that be the reason, or there could be other possibilities?

Thanks!

Calla

Anonymous said...

i just finished baking these.. im going over to my friends work to test them. they smell delicious!

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter