Saturday, May 13, 2006

Adam Road Hawker Centre

Chicken Curry

Been wanting to write about Adam Road for a while but kept forgetting. Well, I shall do so now and rave about the wonderful food there. I tried their Chicken Curry for the first time a few weeks ago and was very much pleased. I can't remember the stall's name but I know it's quite popular - it's been featured in the media a couple of times, judging from the newspaper clippings pasted at the stall. What I do like about the curry isn't so much just the curry itself but the toasted sliced french loaf they gave:

Nicely toasted bread

This is seriously one of the best toasted french loaf slices I've ever been served. I chose to eat my curry with bread and didn't regret. The curry was thick and delicious, not too spicy. But then again, my threshold for all things spicy is quite high so you shouldn't take my word for it. Curries is one of my favourite foods mainly because I grew up on curries. Dad makes the best curries. I love his Devil Curry especially. I am trying hard not to drool! haha.

Nasi Goreng

Here's some Nasi Goreng that JF tried. It's not too bad. I liked that they added ikan bilis (anchovies) to the dish.

We had Indian Rojak too:

Adam Road Indian Rojak

It seems like I have been eating alot of hawker food lately. Which isn't a bad thing! It's so much cheaper I tell you. I'm so so glad Singapore is such a food paradise. That's why hardly anyone can starve even if they wanted to.

I'll post up more pictures of delicious hawker food again soon...

8 comments:

RuiSong said...

nice bloggie!! oh, btw i got to see this by bel's bloggie.. oh ya, nice recipes too..

Shelly said...

The kambing soup there is very good as well (unless you take mutton). Flavourful, mutton cooked til soft, not oily. YUM!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thankfully tomorrow I'll be eating beef curry otherwise I'd be very frustrated by the yummy looks of that curry!!!...

BoZoGEMOK said...

Yes, indeed the curry there was yummilicious! That was my dinner for one night.

the baker said...

RuiSong: thanks! glad you like what you see :)

Shelly: ah, was always too skeptical to actually try it! but now that I've heard your 'verdict', i'll def. try it the next time i'm there... thanks!

rosa: Oooo yummy.. another curry fan eh? hey, u like jap curry? though it's not that spicy... it's just so yummy!

BoZo: ya! u ate it with rice or bread? don't you think the bread was well-toasted? i'm so amazed!

favouritemistake: definitely, i'll have to agree on the prawn mee.. it's pretty famous! yum yum

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

No, I've not yet eaten Japanese curry, but I have a few recipes that I'll have to try!...

Vidya said...

i read your blog after ages!!!!

I miss Singapore... DESPERATELY!!! I'm pregnant, I've got cravings, I'm vegetarian, and I live in rural Japan... sigh....... so make my day and please post a nice pic of brownies???

got any recipes for microwavable brownies?? still dont have an oven here. also, what's your take on the 2-in-1 microwave plus convection ovens?

bedazled_yl said...

Hi Cheryl!

Wonder if u stil remember me! I'm Yan Ling here..your P1-4 Classmate. Anyway..was googling for Miss clarity Cafe stuff n I happened to chance upon your food blog! What a surprise!

It's really cool to see those delicious recipes n wonderful descriptions! Do you happen to bring a digi cam around all the time! haha...I'm sure to read ur blog as much as possible to gain more insights!

Hope to keep in touch yah?! u can email me at bedazled@singnet.com.sg...dun want to reveal my hp out here..hahah

Hugs..

-Yan Ling-

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter