Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cakes with substance



Just a while ago, I posted about Cedele Depot's cakes and raved about them like mad.

I was sorry I didn't have pictures the other time and now, each time I visit them, I make it a point to snap some shots and as promised, here are the cakes, in all their glory.

Now you know why I think they have substance.

Seriously, if I could really choose any place to have cakes all my life, I'd definitely pick Cedele!

Yesterday I had their Apple Oat Cake (pictured above) and it tasted great with coffee. It did help that it was healthy - not sweet at all. My favourite part was the apple slices and the oat & walnut streusel on top. Crunchy and tasty, I love.

Seems like I cannot run away from Cedele. I have to go pass their shop everytime I'm near one. It's become so much of a habit that most of the time I do end up buying something.

Take the Old Fashioned Granny Apple Pie for instance. I was simply looking at the glorious offerings of scones and cakes when I chanced upon this beauty:



Looking good and yummy, I felt it calling out to me, so yes I had a slice. No regrets. Warm and chockful of apples, this pie gives you a warm feeling. It was as if my grandma made it for me. Awww...

And then there are those sins:



Like this Chocolate Truffle Cake. Super rich and super divine, this cake rocks my socks but I can't eat it all by myself. Have to share, unless I use it to replace a meal.

Cedele has a knack for exploring flavours and here are two cool cakes that I think deserve 2 thumbs up not only for their creativity but combination of flavours & textures:



Orange and Apricot cake. Love this one. You can actually taste both in a slice! See, they do mean what they say and say what they mean these Cedele peeps.

Okay this one might look standoffish because of its black colour but really, it tastes so good! It's Sesame Cake with Tahnini Frosting:



Loved the fact that they topped it with cranberries (my fav!)

Man... Cedele should come up with like a loyalty programme! :)

I do hear sounds of unison from Cedele fans!

6 comments:

mirrror said...

my fav is their orange cranberry cake loaf. that's my weakness, will always get a slice or whole loaf whenever it's available in their shop.

also inspired me to try remake it at home, with some success. ;)

lol said...

hail hail! After the carrot cake, the sesame one is my fav! Have ya tried the strawberry balsamic cake? It has an interesting balsamico flavour infused into the cake!

Anonymous said...

Yeah man. The first time i had their choc banana cake, i was sold. Love the rolled oats on top. Have yet to try out their other cakes. Although it's more pricey per slice, i think it's worth it. I tried their rice salad, quite nice too.

Mandy said...

I love and miss their bakes ever since I left Singapore 2 years ago. They should give you free cakes for recommending your readers to try their stuffs ;P
But seriously their stuffs are seriously good.

Anonymous said...

I am currently in love with cedele as well but have not tried much of their bakes. A fan of their hearty meal salads and sandwiches!

You should try the vanilla sponge cake with jam. It's a very tall cake with jam in the centre. Good with a cup of tea:)

Anonymous said...

wow, these look fantastic. Will check them out. Thanks for sharing.
Winifred

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter