Monday, August 29, 2005

Carl's Jr

Carl’s Jnr star

Have you heard people raving about the star above? What about the one below - the famous star:

Huge Burger

Yes, you read it correctly, it says Famous Star with Cheese. And famous it is! Why so? Oh please, do I even need to spell it out? I should think this picture would suffice:

Famous Star with Cheese

Now now now, is that a burger or is that a B-U-R-G-E-R?!

I have a confession to make - I am not a burger person and neither am I a fast food lover.

But

Carl's Jr. converted me.

This amazing American burger joint that recently appeared on this small little island of Singapore has already made waves; for me and for every other person I know.

Almost all my friends have tried their burgers and had only good words to say, hmmm or maybe it was mostly one word: H-U-G-E.

It is huge. Their portions are huge, their criss cut fries are huge...

Criss Cut Fries

and of course their burgers take the burger! They put the burger in its right place. You should know why I keep raving about the huge portion size? That's because at the rest of the fast food outlets here, the meals seem like an X-S to the portions I see being served at Carl's Jr.

Okay I know you're wondering about the price. Sure, it might be a little bit more pricey - about $2 more. BUT you get VALUE. You get a satisfying carbo-laden meal. I should think it best to consume such large sized burgers and fries only after a good run - Just like how I did! haha...

YES, I ran 10km yesterday morning at Sentosa as part of the New Balance Real Run event. It was Awesome. and of course, it gave me good reason to eat Carl's Jnr without feeling guilty!

Now, you've heard me sing praises of Carl's Jr., but there's just one thing I wish they could change... their red chilli cheese fries for instance:

Chilli Cheese Fries

Honestly, you won't think much just by this photo ya? That's because the fries are scrawny! And limp. and the sauce doesn't look too appetising does it? Hmmm okay okay, it tastes okay but I just prefer something which might look more presentable.

At Carl's Jr, the average price of a burger ranges from $4.20 to about $6. I can't remember the exact price but I should think it worth every cent. They have a huge selection of burgers and I will definitely go back to try out the other lovely gems.

Cheers and thanks to whoever that brought Carl's Jr (fourth largest burger chain in US) to Singapore... At least now I know that the burgers are really 'hot!' and not just hot because Paris Hilton ate them whilst washing a car and looking hot.

__________________________

Carl's Jr.
#01-202/203
6 Raffles Boulevard
Tel: 6720-2720

__________________________

4 comments:

Randi said...

i dont think the burgers or the fries look like that in cali. At least they didnt the last time I had carls which was a few yrs ago. We didnt even have the chili fries.

Anonymous said...

The hubby and I tried out their burgers about a month ago, at the Marina Square outlet. The burgers were indeed bigger than at other fast food outlets, but taste-wise was nothing to rave about. After all, it's still fast food, and I wouldn't shell out that much again for rather mediocre fare.

the baker said...

yea. but i think it's perfect for famished people. esp those who've just finished a 10km run, like me! haha.. anywayz geez you should check out the nutritional value info at their website. apparently, my total calorie intake (famous star with cheese & chilli cheese fries) was about 1540 calories in total. wow, that's like enough to meet my daily requirements! talk about Carbo heavy meals... but i'm glad I don't dig fast food that much..

boo_licious said...

We had a carl's jr in Malaysia once(at the bird park) but it closed down. It was famous for the spicy chicken wings which were yummy and it's free drink refills.

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter