Monday, January 23, 2006
Ten Random Facts About Me
Got tagged by strawberry of Scream for Sourcream Timbits for this quirky meme. Yes, I'll have to reveal ten random facts about me. Most of which you might not have known. Let's see, what shall I start with? This is going to be interesting. Hopefully I don't bore you to death! hehe..
1. I wear braces. Yep, but I'll be taking them off pretty soon. It's been more than a year since I've stuck them metal on my teeth. Have gotten used to them actually. And weird thing is, I'm no longer that conscious of my braces. I still smile widely :)
2. My feet's huge. Don't believe me? Go check out what size I wear. It's so difficult finding nice shoes here in Singapore. Why? Because everyone else has such small feet. Okay, I wear UK size 40, or US 10. Now, is that BIG or not? But I think it's because I'm tall, so it pans out all right I guess!
3. I love running and just last year, I completed a full marathon. Though my timing wasn't superb, I'm just glad I didn't give up. It was a painful experience, but a satisfying one as well! I dig the endorphin rush.
4. I'm not your genteel, soft spoken lady. I'm loud, and I'm all for 'roughing it out'. Yep, hey, I go for kick-boxing classes mind you. I am also into wakeboarding, rollerblading, and anything to do with the outdoors.
5. My favourite colour is PURPLE! And NO, it's not a colour for the sexually-deprived!!! It's a royal hue and I love it. Haha, my friends know that well. I have purple everything! :)
6. Currently a Sociology major at a local university, I also have a diploma in Mass Communications from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I had an enjoyable three years at Ngee Ann where I did everything from photo journalism to radio production and advertising.
7. My childhood dream was to become a renowned writer and publish my written works. I like to think that I'm half way there, considering that I'm a freelance journalist and have also had my poems and essays published.
8. I interviewed original Americal Idol Kelly Clarkson the last time she was here in Singapore. Yes, face to face - she was right in front of me, in the flesh. She's a sweet lass. I love her new album.
9. I actually have some Indian heritage. Quite hard to believe since I don't look Indian, but I guess that's because it's all watered down! hahaa. but I do have very thick eyebrows though. Actually my paternal great grandfather was Indian. My grandfather's part Hainanese and Indonesian Chinese. My mum's side is completely chinese; hainanese to be specific.
10. I'm Roman Catholic and I am completely in love with the one above. I'm also part of this amazing youth ministry called Amplify. We don't belong to any parish; we're under the archdiocese.
There there, ten random facts about me you don't need to know but now know anyway. hehe. allrighty, I'm gonna be real busy churning out CNY goodies and completing my V-day orders so you'll hear less of me. But don't worry, I'm still here! :)
And now, I'm gonna tag:
Jadepearl of Play-play in the kitchen
Sarah of Cooking with the Headhunter
Babe of Babe in the City- KL
Angie of My Kitchen: My Laboratory
X of x-tension