Monday, November 21, 2005

Hay hay, it's Donna Hay - Nutella Delight

Swirly Nutella Frosted Cupcake

Everyone loves nutella. There's not a soul I know that detests or avoids it intentionally. I mean, come on, you cannot go wrong with chocolate and hazelnut. It's simply bliss. It's eternal heaven. It's sinful for sure, yes, but hey, when you're scooping spoonfuls into your mouth, the only thought on your mind is 'Mmmmmmmm.....'. That's it. No one should leave this earth without tasting this wonder. It most definitely is more than a one hit wonder I'm sure. It's a gazillion-full of wonders. Okay i'm starting to deviate. Sorry! Ahhh okay anyway here's something that will get your attention:

Nutella Delight

Now, I started dreaming about nutella cupcakes when I saw Nic's post about hers. She had used a Donna Hay recipe and tweaked it abit. Then others started trying out the recipe too. Finally, Barbara of winosandfoodies decided to launch "Hay hay, it's Donna Hay". So here I am, trying my hand at these delicious cupcakes and eating them in quick time. Haha... besides, I know some of you have been asking me for a good nutella cupcake recipe. Actually I had always thought that it would be a chocolate cupcake frosted with nutella. But you know what? That'll be too much... too cloying. I really like this version. It's a keeper! Here's some more photos of these cupcakes:

Nutella Cupcake batter
before entering the oven

Freshly baked nutella cupcakes
freshly baked nutella frosted cupcake out of the oven

Here's the recipe.... courtesy of Nic. I'm so glad she posted about these cupcakes. My my... i'm uber happy. I just found the way to eternal happiness :p

_________________________________


Nutella Frosted Cupcakes

10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) sifted ap flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.
They should be 3/4 full, if you're not using a scoop.
Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella.
Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12.

25 comments:

Rachel said...

this is how i picture heaven.

Nic said...

Those swirls are absolutely perfect!
And I love that you love the recipe!

rokh said...

nutella heaven eh? absolutely screaming to be pop into the mouth

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those cupcakes look absolutely gorgeous!! U bet i'll try the recipe! Thanksss!! :)

Vera said...

i miss baking!
they really do look good!! :)

Anonymous said...

Erm, may i know what's ap flour?

Anonymous said...

stumbled onto your blog..no regrets! These looks good! I am currently now embaring on a baking spree too so these recipes are perfect!erm.. what cup do i use?

the baker said...

hey ya'll, YES I could imagine heaven having unlimited supplies of these beautiful irresistible cupcakes. hahaaa....

gabrielle: ap flour is all-purpose flour a.k.a. plan four :)

rachel: hmmm 1 cup is usually 8 ounces.. approx 227g. get those measuring cups from the store, it's easier.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

These cupcakes look "evil"!!!!

Babe_KL said...

wow so yummilicious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl - great swirls. Check for my round up this weekend.

Lazyg3r said...

Hi Cheryl
These cupcakes looked really yummilicious. Feel like sinking my teeth into one of them now!! Will try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

hi there...i just browsing for the cake recipe and yours grabbed my attention mostly..it looks so delicious and easy to make..i think i'll try to make that cupcakes :) thx..!! ~cheers~

Anonymous said...

This receipe rox!!! I tried and it's delicious.. but my cupcakes can't stand as beautifully as urs~ My nutella seems to be real heavy and pushes the cupcake inwards. =(

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm thinking of trying this receipe, the cupcakes look so delicious. Unforch I'm kind of new to baking so was wondering.. 1/2 tsp vanilla, the vanilla, do you mean vanilla powder or essence?

JellyGirl said...

Hi there, thanks for the recipe, I tried it out yesterday and the cupcakes turned out beautifully! You can see my result here, if you're interested. :)

Anonymous said...

The swirls look so pretty! I sure wanna try these cupcakes out! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i'm baking some in the oven right now... it looks utterly delicious!

Anonymous said...

I have tried your recipe. However the cupcake turns out to be super oily. The paper cups turns out to be soaked with the oil, leaving 1 pool of oil on the pan after i remove the cupcake. Do you know where the problem lies?

Anonymous said...

Hi ger

I baked some nutella cupacake yest? I baked for close to 30 mins as my oven is a small portable one...Everythings is ok except that the cake is beri hard and not buttery enuff..may I chk wif u whether I can use some milk in it? and add more butter in?? cos I dunoe wat is the cause & effect by adding eggs etc...hope u can guide me on this!!

Thanx and god bless u

Rgds
SAOri

Yesha Gee said...

OMG! nutella cupcakes are tempting.

C.A. aka "t'que" said...

i will definitely try this, my kid is chocoholic. thanks for sharing. can we xchange links? thnx.

Anonymous said...

These are really good. I made them as mini's for my friend's b-day and she LOVED them. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Mine came out super dense (maybe because I creamed the sugar/butter by hand?) but still extra yummy!

Anonymous said...

How much is 1/3 cup of nutella pls?

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter