Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Greenhouse Cafe



School has been incredibly busy for me especially last week despite it being a break week! Oh you know what they say - it's really a week for you to complete your assignments and meet your deadlines. :)

Well it is my final semester after all, so it's definitely full steam ahead for me! Am taking quite major modules including a tough statistic one (which i'm praying for a miracle... i suck at math! hey there's a reason why i write/bake/cook ya? haha).

But I know I'll survive; and it's times like these where I totally try to perk myself up with a good meal or two. And speaking of good meals, I finally dined at VivoCity's Greenhouse Cafe. I've always walked by it but never bothered to get closer to even check out the menu. Was there last week catching up with my dear friend Cheryl Anne and we decided to try out what they had to offer. They have lunch-time specials which includes a main course, a drink, a soup & dessert. Sounds good eh? Both of us had the Chicken Cutlet with Fragrant Butter Rice.

The damage? Just $10.90 nett. No service charge, no GST whatsoever. Cool, no? I really liked the butter rice. It does smell good and I liked that it wasn't oily at all - you can taste a hint of butter which isn't too overpowering. And they served it with salad too:



Red peppers, lettuce, cilantro ... yum. and their dressing was lovely as well. The chicken portion was generous though pretty normal tasting. But it came with a splash of brown sauce (not sure what they used but it didn't taste too bad).

Dessert was a slice of mango cake:



Also pretty normal. I found it a bit too sweet though. If only they gave a slice of tiramisu. haha but that'll be asking too much ya?!

Here's their mushroom soup. It's homemade (I think! sure doesn't taste like Campbell to me) and pretty tasty. Hmmm but it's a bit too thin though. Maybe I'm just so used to Campbell's thick and creamy version... They should add some roasted garlic me thinks. Would have made a world of a difference. But that's just me. I love garlic.



The cafe's rather cosy and I think the owners are also florists. Half of the shop is Greenhouse Cafe:



While the other half's "A pocket full of posies", I think! Can't remember but I know I saw lots of flowers.

It's a pretty decent place. I'm definitely going back again to try their other offerings. The table next to ours ate some pasta which looked good!

The desserts in the showcase looked yummy as well. This cafe feels very healthy though! You get a holistic feel once you enter. Might be the vibes or the food, but it just has that comfortable feeling. Took their name card and realised that they have outlets at some of the other hospitals. Mmmmm.... Am not surprised. Check out their tagline: "Celebrating Life & Freshness".



A lovely place with a friendly ambience - especially good for a slow meal over coffee or tea. I'll be back :)
_________________________________________

Greenhouse Cafe
#B2-42
VivoCity
1 HarbourFront Walk

5 comments:

SIG said...

Oh yes yes yes, this is the one in the basement near the food courts? I always pass by there but haven't ventured in to try their stuff. The biz is quite good. Ya and I think the prices are reasonable too.

Jaschocolate said...

look yummy... :p

will go try it out when i am nearby...

Anonymous said...

saw the word "tiramisu", and i just thought i should let you know about this awesome matcha tiramisu i had recently at sun with moon. it's seriously seriously good. go try it!

Anonymous said...

they have gorgeous apple crumble there too, too bad they don't always have it.....mmmm...sigh;>

mimosa.shy said...

Yes yes! Its a nice and cosy cafe. Think the vivo outlet is run by the owner's parents. Their prices are nett and they take so much pride in their service..: ) I enjoyed my meal of smoked salmon salad and the steak set there : ) Glad you liked it as much as I did..I will revisit soon

Powered by Blogger



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?



Site Meter